Register of legal practices
Pursuant to section 61 of the Legal Profession Act (LPA), lawyers providing legal services as sole practitioners must so do via sole proprietorship registered under Law No. 19/2014 (Sole Proprietorship Act) and subsequently registered with the Bar Council.
For the purposes of the LPA, these sole proprietorships are designated as “Legal Practices”.
If you have paid annual fee and your information is not listed on the Legal Practices Register, please let us know via the following form: https://forms.office.com/r/tgnKTBTdnR
Register of law firms
Pursuant to s62 LPA, lawyers collectively providing legal services must so do via partnership created under Law No. 13/2011 (Partnership Act) and subsequently registered with the Bar Council.
If you have paid annual fee and your information is not listed on the Law Firm Register, please let us know via the following form: https://forms.office.com/r/tgnKTBTdnR
Law Firm & Legal Practice Annual Fee
Law Firm & Legal Practice Annual Fee payment deadline – 31March 2023.
Please follow the instructions below to pay your annual fee.
Annual Fee for Law Firms: MVR 2,000 (Two Thousand Maldivian Rufiyaa)
Annual Fee for Legal Practices: MVR 1,000 (One Thousand Maldivian Rufiyaa)
Account Name: Bar Council of the Maldives
Bank: Maldives Islamic Bank
Branch: Main Branch
Account Number: 90101555000971000
Kindly read all the below instructions prior to making the payment:
- All Fees must be made as one single payment; fee payment on an installment basis is not permitted.
- Only bank transfers and cash deposits will be accepted.
- If you are making the payment via cash deposit, kindly send us a clear scan of the deposit slip via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the cash deposit is made through the ATM, please mention that the deposit has been made via ATM deposit.
- If you are making the payment via transfer, the transfer slip must bear your full name, national ID card number, Law Firm/Legal Practices name and registration number in the payment description.
- Kindly share the transfer slip/receipt via return e-mail only. The return email must include your full name and national ID card number, Law Firm/Legal Practices name and registration number.
- If your payment is made by a third party, the bank account name of the third party, Law Firm/Legal Practices name and registration number must be clearly mentioned in the return e-mail.
- Fee will be deemed to be received by the Bar Council of the Maldives only upon the verification from the Maldives Islamic Bank.
- Once the fee is received by the Bar Council of the Maldives, you will be issued with a payment receipt.
For any clarifications, you may contact us via return email or at 3333990 between 8:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M., Sunday – Thursday.